Chappy Jobs: Social Media Manager
Chappy is a new dating app exclusively for gay men. We launched in March 2017 and are looking for creative, forward-thinking recruits to join our mission to change gay dating for the better and expand our presence within the community.
To continue our rapid growth in the US, Chappy is looking for a rockstar Social Media Manager who will be managing the planning and execution of our owned and operated social media channels. We are looking for a creative, passionate and brand-driven candidate to manage our social media efforts and take responsibility for helping to conceptualize, create, and post content across social platforms on a day-to-day basis. The ideal candidate is able to capture the Chappy brand in a creative, vibrant, and captivating way. They have extremely strong copywriting and creative writing skills. At Chappy we view social as a platform for storytelling, community engagement, and messaging of our brand to the larger community, so it’s vital that all content produced ties strongly back to our brand.
This position involves cross-functional collaboration with our in-house creative, marketing, and operational teams, as well as liaising with our community ops team based at the London Headquarters.
We are looking for an uber creative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. Ideally, someone who already plays a big, impactful role in their own community. We’re building out the US team, so there is an endless opportunity to grow in this role. We look forward to meeting you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Create daily posts for social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
- Ideate, source and create visual content (original imagery as well as stock imagery) that aligns with the brand voice and creative/design aesthetic.
- Identify trends and new social platform offerings to ensure Chappy remains an innovative brand in the space,
- Be the internal social media expert with deep knowledge of all things digital and social
- Champion social-first marketing ideas, either as evergreen brand initiatives or as part of monthly/seasonal campaigns
- Develop social influencer criteria, identify influencers, define KPIs and asks/gives, manage outreach and coordinate logistics surrounding monthly campaigns in tandem with our influencer marketing agency
- Manage a daily, weekly, and monthly social calendar that is approved by key members of the team
- Manage and update influencer database (including Instagram seeding) and track results in relation to response
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 3-5 years of social/digital marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to come up with big ideas and execute with an anything is possible attitude
- Quick responder, can respond in real-time to adhoc content
- STRONG creative writing skills to be executed through social captions and other forms of digital copy creation
- Obsessed with the internet and in tune with the gay community — you're the first in your friend group to hear about the next big thing or peice of related news that day
- Experience in influencer outreach and product seeding
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of internal departments
- Quick learner with proficiency in a variety of social publishing, listening and reporting tools
- Design experience and proficiency in Photoshop or other design programs a plus
How to apply
Please contact us via email@example.com
Chappy is a brand new dating app aiming to begin a new chapter in gay dating. With a unique sliding scale that allows users to choose their mood for Mr. Right to Mr. Right Now, users are given ultimate control to only match with compatible guys looking for the same thing. Our mission is to empower gay men with a safe, welcoming and high quality platform for connecting and dating online.
As Bumble’s brother company, we have unparalleled support and technology to help us become the leader in gay dating on a global scale. With our unique team coming from backgrounds in TV, dating, hospitality, advertising and more, Chappy has all the components required to become a huge player in the international dating scene and is looking to recruit exceptional talent to join our founding team.